Is going to the tanning bed part of your Fall/Winter routine? Make a pact to yourself to avoid the tanning bed and get educated on this dangerous beauty practice that is STILL far too common. ‘Fake and Bake’ needs to be perceived as being old fashioned. Why?
The scary truth is that you can basically think of tanning beds as coffins.
- Skin cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer, it is also one of the most preventable
- Added Melanoma risk per tanning session is 1.5%
- Indoor tanning before the age of 35 increases your risk of Melanoma up to 75%
- UV light can be addictive
- With an epidemic growth rate of 3% annually, Melanoma rates are increasing faster than almost all other cancers
- The World Health Organization classifies the tanning bed as a Group 1 carcinogen (the highest risk level and the same class as tobacco… Yikes!)
- Skin damange, premature aging, eye damage etc.
I say embrace the paste this fall and winter. Embrace your natural skin tone, you are beautiful and do not need to kill yourself over your skin tone…. literally. Another great option is sunless tanner- Sephora has plenty of face and body lotions that won’t leave those dreaded streak marks.
Top Left: NARS Body Glow. $59.00
Top Right: Tarte Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Body Self Tanner $54.00
Bottom Left: St. Tropez Tanning Essentials Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse $44.00
Bottom Right: Bare Minerals Faux Tan Sunless Body Tanner.$26.00