Yes ladies and gents, it is indeed that time of year again! Finals week. With the weight of the semester upon our shoulders, us college kids are exceedingly prone to stress, sleep deprivation, and mental breakdowns. But fear not, here are some tips and tricks to make your finals week more bearable!
1. Find a favorite study spot- Be it the Torg bridge or a quiet floor of the library, everyone has a spot somewhere on campus where they can study comfortably and without distractions. Go there, stay there, and be productive.
2. Coffee, coffee, & more coffee- Need I say more?
3. Stay comfy- It’s getting COLD here in Blacksburg, so break out your coziest sweaters and leggings. You won’t have to worry about being uncomfortable, and you’ll be more focused on cranking out that 10 page final paper.
4. Always carry headphones- You never know if you’ll be stuck next to a noisy group project or someone with a bad case of the sniffles, so keep your headphones on hand to cancel out any distractions.
5. Study breaks- Don’t forget to pencil in study breaks and spend a little bit of time with your friends this week, or you might actually go crazy.
6. Eat! – If you’re locking yourself in the lib DO NOT forget to eat, seriously. We all know the importance of brain food and taking a test on an empty stomach will lead to a worse score. It’s not like we have the best college food in the nation or anything…..