My best friend and I bond over makeup, it’s our favorite thing to shop for and regularly talk about. People always compliment us or ask us what we use so I figure why not write about some of our favorite products and our go-tos!
My best friend’s name is Hannah and she actually has her own personal makeup and vlog YouTube channel (feel free to check it out she’s awesome @hannahelise63). She’s super into makeup and knows all the good stuff, so of course I had to ask her about what she recommends! Her essentials include:
- Toofaced Hangover 3 in 1 primer spray, this stuff is actually amazing I have tried it once and it’s so much better to use on your skin rather than a cream because it’s lighter.
- IT Cosmetics Your Skin but Better CC Cream. I personally have not tried this, but she swears by it, so it has to be good!
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer. Honestly, anything Tarte is amazing, I love their products (and so does my sister) because they are all natural and do not have many harsh chemicals in them.
- Anastasia Dip Brow. Anastasia Beverly Hills, queen of eyebrows and that’s all I’ll say.
- L’Oréal True Match Lumi foundation. This is a really good drugstore brand product that when applied looks as if it would cost an insane amount of money but will not at all break the bank. Definitely worth it.
- Tarte Maneater mascara. I actually used this for a short period of time, loved it because can’t go wrong with Tarte.
- NARS Orgasm blush OR Piki “Roma Rose” is a good and cheaper dupe for NARS.
- Becca “Gradient Glow” highlight. Becca highlighters can do no wrong, they are amazing.
Hannah and I do use some of the same products as our blush, our Anastasia dip brow, and I have a Becca highlighter, but I don’t use it often. Whenever we get together we always swap makeup, just so we can switch it up a bit! My go-tos include:
- My Rodan + Fields Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex to put on under my eye. Absolutely swear by this product, my eyes are brighter and hides my dark circles from staying up all night to study J
- Clinique redness solution CC cream. I think everyone should have some type of color correcting cream because we all have those annoying red areas that never seem to go away.
- Tarte concealer. The label on mine rubbed off because I use it so much that I can’t see the exact type, but this stuff is absolutely amazing, and it blends right into the skin!
- Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra liquid foundation along with the Dual Finish powder. Okay but if I were to sweat by a product it would be this one. One time I wore only this foundation and no other makeup, and a girl told me how pretty I looked without makeup. This stuff is magic it perfectly blends and matches with any skin tone.
- Smashbox Contour Kit along with my Hoola bronzer. I know Hannah uses Hoola too and we love it so much it’s the best.
- Lancôme Monsieur Big mascara. Good news! This is their cheapest mascara and is amazing, I just convinced my friend to buy it too.
- Anastasia Glow-Kit “Sugar” or “Kylie Cosmetics “Fiji” ultra-glow are my two favorite highlighters that I use almost every day.
Although some of these products may be on the pricier end, they are all completely worth every penny. Most of my everyday products actually last me a really long time. My concealer has lasted me over a year and my foundation always lasts six months or more. Every time Hannah and I get together we love to do our makeup and swap products to see what the other is trying. It’s always nice to have a friend to bond over girly stuff with on a regular basis. For anyone struggling with what products to use or what is good, I hope this helps!