During the transition months from summer all the way to winter, keeping your skin hydrated can, undoubtedly, be a tedious task. Every step in your skincare to makeup routine is crucial in keeping your skin looking and feeling fresh.
Starting out with skincare: the best moisturizers, eye creams, and facial sprays are just the beginning of getting hydrated skin. Your skincare routine is something you should keep up with every morning and every night no matter how rushed or unmotivated you may be; it must be done. Here are a few moisturizers that are high on the rating list for hydration:
- Mario Badescu Buttermilk Moisturizer $18
- This moisturizer is low on oil and high on hydration. It is made with lactic acid, thyme extract, allantoin, and chamomile to reveal beautiful, bright, and hydrated skin. This is made for combination and dry skin.
- Olay Age Defying Classic Daily Renewal Cream $13
- An oil-free moisturizer that won’t clog pores but has Vitamin E in it to replenish skin’s hydration and also renews skin with Beta-Hydroxy Acid.
- IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream $48
- This is perfect for improving the quality of your skin, while also hydrating it. Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid are included to plump fine lines and wrinkles. Niacin, peptides, and a super ceramide complex are what brings in the hydration and smooths the skin. It is made for all skin types.
- Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench $52
- Made with 3 molecular sizes of Hyaluronic Acid, Ceramides, PENTAVITIN®, and Prohyal+™, you are guaranteed pure hydration. It is made for all skin types.
- Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado $48
- Made with Shea Butter and Avocado Oil, this is a must for gentle moisturizing around the eyes for everyday use. It is made for all skin types.
- Confidence in an Eye Cream $38
- Just like the moisturizer, this eye cream features the same anti-aging benefits and ingredients used to smooth fine lines and restore hydration. It is made for all skin types.
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Cream $37
- This eye cream is made to leave the under-eye skin feeling strong and replenished as well as reduce dark under-eye circles. It has Squalane and Evening Primrose Oil in it to help replenish the skin’s barrier, which keeps it moisturized.
Now onto the makeup routine. Your skin should be dewy and glowing after completing your skincare routine. When it comes to makeup, you’ll want to use more products that have a dewy finish rather than a matte finish. One of the biggest helpers in the hydration department is a primer. Let’s start there and then move forward to foundations.
- Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer $44
- This is formulated with five forms of coconut to form a vitamin-rich barrier between your skin and makeup while keeping skin hydrated.
- Elf Hydrating Primer $6
- This is made with grape, Vitamins A, C, and E to help hydrate skin.
- Laura Mercier Foundation Hydrating Primer $38
- A water-based primer with a minimal concentration of the lightest silicones. It is a moisture-rich primer that was created for dry, dehydrated skin.
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer $45
- This is an oil-free tinted moisturizer that is good for building coverage. It is infused with lush, botanicals, and other ingredients to help keep skin hydrated. It is made for all skin types.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer $13
- This is a very lightweight tinted moisturizer that evens out skin tone in the most natural way possible. The formula contains vitamin-rich Retinol treatment to smooth fine lines. It also has SPF 20 in it to protect against the sun. This product has a nice, light dewy finish that keeps your skin looking hydrated all day.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay BB tinted moisturizer $36
- This tinted moisturizer offers light-to-medium coverage. It contains chamomile and Vitamin A, C, and E to keep skin nourished. This product does a great job of staying on all day while still looking fresh.
- Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Youth-Boosting Perfect Skin Foundation $46
- With pseudo-ceramides that hydrate your skin for up to 18 hours, this foundation gives a sheer, flawless coverage. It is suitable for dry, normal, and combination skin types.
Extra tips and tricks:
- Use Vaseline for dry patches
- Try to do face masks at least twice a week
- Use hydrating makeup remover wipes or a hydrating makeup removing formula
- ALWAYS take off your makeup before going to sleep
- Try to use a hydrating toner and a facial spray
- Keep up with your routine
With the constant changes in temperature, it’s definitely hard to keep your skin looking bright and dewy. Hopefully giving some of these beauty tips and products a try can help you stay hydrated throughout the cold months.