I have always struggled with my skin, whether it was too oily in the summer or too dry in the winter. However, I have come to realize that the best way to manage one’s skin is through a good skincare routine. Especially in the spring, it is important to start preparing your skin for the upcoming summer months. The best way to do this is have both a good cleanser and moisturizer; they not only can affect your skin in a positive way, but can also make makeup application easier.
It is best to start off any skin care routine with a good cleanser. Both high end cleansers and drug store ones can be great for your skin, so it is possible to have great skin without breaking the bank!
Cleansers (High End)
- Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Extra Mild – $18.50
- This cleanser can be used for all skin types. It’s soft, non-drying lather loosens surface flakes, removes dirt and debris, and protects skin’s natural moisture balance. The quick-rinsing formula leaves skin clean, comfortable, refreshed – never taut or dry.
- Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser – $18
- This face cleanser is amazing, it is the ultimate daily face wash. You can use it on dry skin to dissolve away makeup and grime, or on wet skin as you start your day. The pH-balanced, creamy gel formula is made with a blend of five skin conditioners so your face is left feeling healthy and soft, never tight.
Cleansers (Drug Store)
- CeraVe Hydrating Face Cleanser for Normal to Dry – $10.98
- CeraVe Hydrating Face Cleanser is a hydrating cleanser that removes dirt, makeup and other debris. The formula won’t disrupt the skin’s natural protective barrier or strip the skin of its natural moisture. Instead it continually releases moisturizing ingredients for 24-hour hydration. I use this when my skin starts to feel a little dry and needs some extra hydration.
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin – $10.98
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, developed with dermatologists, deeply cleanses and removes excess oil to refresh the skin without over-stripping it or leaving it feeling tight and dry. The gel-based foaming cleanser is an effective yet non-irritating way to start off any skincare regimen for normal to oily skin. I like to use this product on the days that my skin is extra oily or my acne flares up. It is not irritating and helps to calm my skin
After cleansing the skin, I then go in with a moisturizer; this is a simple two-step skincare routine that can be done both in the morning and at night. In the morning, after I am done putting on my skincare products, I usually put some makeup on. Then at night, I take my makeup off and do the same two-step skin care routine with the same products. It is a very easy and simple way to keep your skin looking clean and clear!
Moisturizers (High End)
- Clinique Moisture Surge – $39
- This 72-hour replenishing hydrator with caffeine helps trigger skin’s own rehydration system. Hyaluronic Acid fragments and Activated Aloe Water plump skin with moisture. A super-holding matrix of humectants and polymers help reduce water loss and seal in moisture. This moisturizer is great for day to day use.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Intense – $39
- This moisturizer is a little more heavy and can be worn day to day depending on how dry you skin is. It can also be used right before you go to bed. It is oil free and plumps skin with 24-hour hydration. Daily use helps fortify skin’s moisture barrier to keep moisture in and environmental irritants out.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask – $35
- This overnight mask is an amazing hydrater for your skin! I use it once a week, for an extra boost of hydration. It is also oil free, soothes, and nourishes to help skin stay hydrated; it is recommended for all skin types!
Moisturizers (Drug Store)
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel – $16.97
- This drugstore moisturizer is very similar to Clinique’s moisture surge. It instantly quenches dry skin and keeps it looking smooth, supple and hydrated day after day. The water gel contains hydrating hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in the skin and acts as a sponge, absorbing up to 1,000 times its weight in water.
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream – $14.12
- The CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is not only hydrating, but also helps to restore the skin’s protective barrier. The cream was developed with dermatologists and works great for dry skin, both on the face and body. It is a non-greasy and fast-absorbing moisturizing cream. I like to put this on right before I go to bed, to help my skin to stay hydrated through the night and it also helps to improve skin’s texture.
- CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream to Soften Skin – $13.98
- This night cream is very similar to Clinique’s Moisture Surge Overnight Mask. It is best used two to three times a week before going to bed. For nighttime is the skin’s chance to repair and renew itself. This formula is ideal for all skin types, and features an exclusive complex of biomimetic peptides that work to refresh tired-looking skin and hyaluronic acid to help the skin retain moisture.